Savoury Tofu Sticks
Perfect for kids and adults alike, these savoury tofu sticks are an excellent alternative to chicken fingers.
Recipe type: Main Dish
Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan, Finger Foods
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 1 block extra firm tofu, sliced into pinky-sized sticks
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T soy sauce, tamari, coconut aminos or Bragg's soy alternative
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- Heat the oven to 400 F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Slice the tofu into small sticks
- Mix the oil, soy sauce and nutritional yeast together in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture over the tofu and spread evenly to coat using a pastry brush or the back of your spoon,
- Bake for 15 minutes (or more if you prefer extra crispy).
Tofu is a quick, easy and economical protein source that happens to be very high in calcium. Despite so many good nutritional qualities, tofu and soy-based products tend to have a very divisive reputation – either you love it or you hate it!!Unless you have an allergy or aversion to soy, there is no reason for avoiding it completely! Whichever side of the debate you reside on, this recipe is worth a try! Kid-friendly, mom-friendly and even dog-friendly, it does not disappoint. The best part is that it is ready to eat in 20-25 minutes from start to finish (the oven does most of the work for you!!).Take a block of tofu and slice it into pinky-sized sticksMake the glaze by mixing the oil, soy sauce and nutritional yeast togetherSpread the glaze over the tofu sticks
Bake for 15-20 minutes and you’re all set to go!