Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
This classic combination of sweet and tart makes the perfect light summer dessert.
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 servings
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 4 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl, stir chopped rhubarb, strawberries, honey and chia seeds together. Transfer to a square or rectangular baking dish.
- Use the same bowl to mix together oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in the butter or oil and crumble the topping evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the rhubarb is soft and the topping is golden.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.