A classic that can be made many different ways! When you’re in a pinch and you want something comforting and delicious in less than 10 minutes, keep this one as a go-to.
A classic, made better. Filled with lean protein and fibre, this quick and tasty lunch is simple and nutritious. The added celery, chives, hummus and melted cheese pack a flavour punch for a quick lunch.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 can of tuna, drained (133 grams)
- 2 tablespoons hummus or mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh chives or green onions
- *optional: paprika, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 4 slices sprouted grain bread
- Set the oven to BROIL and take out a baking sheet
- Drain the tuna place and place in a medium bowl. Using a fork, combine the tuna with mayo/hummus, chives/green onions, diced celery and any optional spices you like.
- Divide the mixture onto 4 slices of sprouted grain bread.
- Top with grated cheese
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Serve with a salad of your choice!
*We use the Silver Hills Sprouted Grain Bread (Little Big Bread; 110 calories for 2 slices of bread with 5 gram of fibre!)
**Option to make it VEGAN! Substitute the tuna with one 398ml can of chickpeas (drained or rinsed). Simply smash the chickpeas as you would the tuna and use vegan mayo or hummus). Top with dairy-free cheese or dairy-free queso dip.
I won’t judge if you add a little ketchup on top 😉