In the summer months, it would be a shame not to take advantage of all the locally grown, fresh seasonal fruit. I LOVE my water, but sometimes I crave something with a little more pizzaz! If you’re thinking “Happy Hour” give this one a try. The spice can be easily adjusted by using less jalapeno or taking out the seeds altogether.
- Watermelon - 4 cups sliced or diced
- Lime - juice of 2 limes
- Lemon - juice of 1-2 lemons
- Cucumber - ½ peeled and chopped
- Jalapeno - ¼ - ½ depending on how spicy you like it
- Vega Sport Electrolyte Hydration - lemon lime and/or berry flavour
- Ice - optional
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until well mixed or pureed.
- Add additional ice to make a 'slushie' consistency.
As the name suggests, watermelon is over 90% water! It is also a great source of vitamin C and the carotenoid/antioxidant lycopene. At only 46 calories and 9 grams of sugar per cup of watermelon, it certainly makes a delicious and nutritious base for smoothies, drinks and summer cocktails.