- 2 large ripe bananas
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup oats
- 3 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 dates
- 2-3 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the hot pan to form pancakes.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes per side, or until small bubble start to form (then flip).
- Serve with ¼ cup plain greek yogurt and drizzle (1 Tbsp) with maple syrup.
This is my favourite way to incorporate more greens and omega 3’s in my family. I love recipes like this that all go into one vessel (especially a blender!). Anything that makes for an easy clean up!!
This is another recipe where you can play around with it to make it your own. If you prefer the pancakes slightly less sweet, feel free to omit the dates.
If you make this with some substitutions please let me know in the comments how they turn out!