Omelette Breakfast Muffins
Recipe type: Breakfast, Gluten Free, Low Carb,
Cuisine: Breakfast, Brunch, Comfort Foods
- eggs, 6 whole organic
- egg whites, 2 cups or 1 large carton
- almond milk, ½ cup, unsweetened
- turmeric, 1 tsp
- sea salt, ¼ tsp
- black pepper, ¼ tsp or to taste
- smoked paprika, ¼ tsp or to taste
- onion, 1 medium, diced
- sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, 2 Tbsp
- kale, 2-3 cups, washed and torn
- kale stems, washed and chopped (*optional)
- red bell pepper, chopped
- parmesan cheese, ½ tsp per muffin
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Spray a muffin tin with olive, avocado or coconut oil
- Heat the sun-dried tomatoes with onion in a saute pan for 3-5 minutes until onions are translucent
- Add kale stems and bell pepper, cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Add the kale leaves at the end of the cooking process and cook until bright green.
- Remove from the heat and evenly distribute the veggies in each muffin tin.
- Place the eggs, egg whites, almond milk and spices in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the veggies in the muffin tins (watch out for too much foam!).
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over each egg-muffin.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: 65 Fat: 3 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 2 g Sugar: 0 g Sodium: 161 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 7 g