Nacho Roasted Chickpeas
Savoury snack. Soup or salad topper. Side dish. These are super versatile and simple to make.
Recipe type: Plant-Based Snack or Side
- 19 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and dried
- 3 T nutritional yeast
- 1.5 T olive oil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat oven to 375 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Rinse the chickpeas and dry with a tea towel to remove most of the moisture
- Mix the nutritional yeast, oil and seasonings together in a bowl.
- Spread the chickpeas evenly on the baking tray and coat with the mixture.
- Bake for 20 min and check to see if they are crispy enough for your liking. If not, bake for another 5-10 minutes. Do not over-bake as they will become rock hard!!
These little nuggets are packed with flavour and nutrition. Nutritional yeast (my pantry staple!) is the star of the show here creating a savoury, crunchy, nacho cheese-like flavour. Try them on top of my cashew carrot soup with kale chips , as a salad topper or snack.Photo directions:Rinse the chickpeas wellMix the nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder and salt together.Add the oil and mix well together.Coat the chickpeas with the mixture Final product!!