Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls
School safe, nut-free snack option that the whole family will love. You'd never guess that the main ingredient in these are black beans! Fudgy. Chocolatey. Creamy. Decadent.
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 24 balls
- black beans, 1 x 398ml can, drained and well rinsed
- honey, 4-5 Tbsp
- cocoa powder, ¼ cup
- coconut oil, 1 Tbsp
- vanilla protein powder, 1 scoop **optional
- oats, 1.25 cups
- hemp hearts, ¼ cup
- shredded coconut, ¼ cup
- pinch salt
- chocolate chips, ¼ cup
- dried cranberries, ¼ cup
- Pulse the beans, cocoa powder, honey and coconut oil in a food processor or blender until a paste forms. **Optional add 1 scoop of a plant-based vanilla protein powder
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the oats, hemp hearts, chocolate chips, coconut and dried cranberries.
- Use a mini cookie scoop or estimate about 2 Tbsp per ball.
- It should make about 24 energy balls.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for 2-3 months (if they last that long ;)).