Craving something sweet and creamy while still being healthy? Chia seed puddings are super versatile and very quick to whip up – vegan, gluten free, dairy free and sure to please almost everyone. Frozen cherries add a pop of beautiful colour and are available all year-round. I encouraged frozen berries and cherries to add variety to your fruit selection, especially in winter when there are fewer fresh options. “Cherry Coconut Chia” also had the alliteration going for it too
- 6 T chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk (vanilla optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut, unsweetened shredded
- 1.5 cups cherries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Place all ingredients, except cherries in a medium-large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add the frozen cherries, cover and let set in your fridge for a few hours, or better yet overnight.
- **For those that like to plan ahead, place the chia pudding into individual mason jars or containers for a quick grab'n'go snack or dessert.
This snack is simple, delicious and takes less than 5 minutes to pull together. Literally mix all the ingredients DU0-001 in a large mixing bowl, whisk and set for a few hours or overnight. If you’re really organized, you can also pre-portion the chia pudding into individual mason jars or containers for a quick grab’n’go E20-324 snack during the week.