This is one of my all-time favourite vegetable sides to make. It is sure to please any crowd and it’s easy enough that even my husband knows how to make it without asking me any questions!This is all you need:Here’s how the process works….
- 1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Rip the kale leaves off of the stems and wash well.
- Dry using a salad spinner or tea towel.
- Massage the sun-dried tomatoes into the kale leaves and hide the tomatoes under the kale.
- Sprinkle with about ⅓ cup nutritional yeast and ½ tsp sea salt.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the leaves become crispy.
Keep an eye on these - all ovens are different and many people become discouraged if they burn. Trust me - they will burn if you're not careful!!
- Start with a large bunch of kale. Tear the leaves off of the steam and wash well
- Dry the leaves with a tea towel.
- Spread the leaves on a parchment-paper lined baking tray. Massage (yes, you heard me right “massage”) the leaves with oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes.
- Here’s what the leaves should look like once they’ve been “massaged”
- Sprinkle generously with nutritional yeast and a bit of sea salt.
- Bake at 400 F for about 10 minutes (but maybe check between 6-8 minutes to toss) TIP: hide the sun-dried tomatoes under the kale leaves to prevent them from burning.