- 1 cup nut butter (natural peanut butter is best)
- ¾ cup large flake oats
- 2 scoops (66g) *Vega Protein & Greens or any plant-based chocolate protein powder
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds (roasted or raw)
- ¼ cup raisins
- 4-6 dried figs, chopped
- 3-6 dates, softened in water
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Allow the dates to sit in a dish of water to soften for 10-15 minutes
- Measure out all the ingredients (except the hemp hearts and coconut) and mix together in a large bowl.
- Mix the hemp hearts and/or shredded coconut in a separate bowl.
- Once the batter is mixed well and has a slightly sticky texture, form the batter into ⅛ cup balls.
- Roll each ball in the hemp/coconut mixture and transfer to a storage jar or container.
- These bliss balls will keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge or up to 1-2 months in the freezer.
These no-bake, chocolate bliss balls are quick to make, store well in the fridge or freezer and provide a wholesome solution for that sweet tooth. They are also make a great post-workout snack.
If you have an intense workout lasting longer than 60 minutes, it’s a good idea to think about how you recover. Although it may seem unnecessary to some recreational athletes, paying attention to good recovery nutrition can reduce recovery time and muscle fatigue.
Ideally, have something ready-to-go within 20-30 minutes of your workout with a 3-4:1, carbohydrates:protein ratio.
If you have a hard time tolerating food right after, try something liquid based as it is a bit easier on the digestive system. One to two cups of chocolate milk or a Vega Recovery Accelerator mixed with water are great options to help your body re-hydrate, repair and refuel from an intense sweat session.
Time to get those endorphins flowing!!