Easy, healthy, crispy and perfectly balanced with a little sweet and spicy sauce. A delicious appetizer, side or game day snack.
1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
3/4 cup almond flour (GF flour and AP flour would also work)
1/2 cup soy milk (or milk of choice!)
1/2 cup water
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s)
2 Tbsp vegan spread (or butter)
1/4 cup molasses
2. Make the batter. Combine the flour, milk, water and spices together in a bowl. Whisk together to avoid any clumps and ensure all the ingredients are mixed well.
3. Dip the cauliflower in the batter. You can do a handful at a time. TIP: let excess batter drip off.
4. Coat your air fryer tray with oil to prevent sticking. Place the cauliflower bites on the tray, leaving space between each one. This is KEY to getting a crispy bite. The cauliflower needs its’ physical distance.
5. Roast at 350-375 F for 15 minutes, switching the trays half way through. If you like it extra crispy, use the AIR FRY function for an additional 3-5 minutes until the desired texture has been reached.
6. While the cauliflower is roasting, make the sweet and spicy sauce. Add the hot sauce, vegan spread and molasses to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir until well combined. **This recipe made MORE sauce than I needed. It can be saved for another recipe or another round of cauliflower bites!
7. Pour the sauce over the crispy cauliflower and serve with chopped celery and ranch dip.
This recipe is best served hot, right out of the air fryer. However, the air fryer also has an awesome reheat function that keeps your food crispy!
Keywords: cauliflower, cauliflower bites, cauliflower wings, buffalo wings, game day snacks, appetizer, sweet and spicy cauliflower bites, air fryer, air fryer snacks