5-Ingredient Turkey Balls
These moist turkey bites are quick to whip up and can be easily incorporated into weekday lunches or leftovers.
Recipe type: Main - Lean Protein
Cuisine: Easy Weeknight Meals
- 454g / 1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- ½ cup large flake oats
- ½ cup almond milk (or milk alternative)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (or gluten free tamari)
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use an ice cream scoop or ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop out the turkey mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until cooked throughout.
Serving size: 3 balls Calories: 174 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 6g Sugar: 0g Sodium: 231mg Protein: 21g
These turkey balls are very versatile. I have them paired with zucchini noodles “zoodles”, salsa, tomatoes and some carrots for a pop of colour. For a dairy free or vegan option – sprinkle with nutritional food yeast for additional flavour. Alternatively, sprinkle with parmesan, grated cheese, hot sauce or use another family-friendly dipping sauce such as honey mustard.
Turkey balls can easily be integrated as the protein in many different types of meals – everything from soups to salads and anything else that needs a boost of lean protein.