3-ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Easy, family-friendly weeknight meal.
Recipe type: Casual Lunch or Dinner
Cuisine: Tex Mex
Serves: 8 servings
- 4-6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 cups salsa or pico de gallo
- 4 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- DIY TACO SEASONING
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Add chicken, salsa and taco seasoning to the slow cooker.
- Set on high and cook for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken with 2 forks and it will pull apart easily to mix with the salsa and seasoning.
- Assemble as tacos or a salad based on the vegetables and ingredients you have on hand.
Okay, you have me….. the final product is definitely more than 3-ingredients! However, cooking the chicken is as easy as 1-2-3If you have your own taco seasoning, feel free to use that. Otherwise, use the DIY taco seasoning recipe to make up the remainder of the flavour.